Lyon Tour: Old Lyon Cultural and Historical Guided Walking Tour lets you learn a lot about the history and culture of Lyon, such as the history of silk production in Lyon, the French resistance during the Second World War and its food culture.
By joining the Old Lyon Cultural and Historical Guided Walking Tour you will learn a lot about the history and culture of Lyon, such as the history of silk production in Lyon, the French resistance during the Second World War and its food culture.
After visiting the many secret passages and hidden courtyards that are sometimes hard to find on your own, we will go to Lyon's modern city center and visit some of the highlights such as the Theater des Celestins and the Hôtel Dieu.
About Old Lyon Cultural and Historical Tour
- A quick visit to the cathedral and its astronomical clock
- Visit a few of the hidden passageway, the traboules, in Old Lyon
- Look at some miniatures in the free hallway of the Musee du Cinema et de la Miniature
- Have a look at the iconic piece of architecture of Old Lyon, La Tour Rose
- See the live silkworms during the silk season and might even visit the model of the jacquard loom.
- See the impressive courthouses of Lyon, where the trial of Klaus Barbie took place
- See the Theatre des Celestins and maybe descend into the modern artwork that is hidden underneath the square
- See main shopping street of Lyon
- Visit the Hôtel Dieu, the old hospital that has recently been transformed with a shopping center, luxury hotel and food court inside
What is including in the Old Lyon Cultural and Historical Tour?
- All fees and taxes
What is not including in the Old Lyon Cultural and Historical Tour?
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What is departure and return details in the Old Lyon Cultural and Historical Tour?
Departure Point DetailsPl. Saint-Jean, 69005 Lyon, France
This tour starts at 10:00 am on Place Saint Jean. I will be standing next to the statue of St. John in the middle of the square with a sign in my hands.
Return DetailsPl. de l'Hôpital, 69002 Lyon, France
We will finish inside the lovely Hôtel Dieu.Do you want to get more detailed information about this tour?